Counselling for Social Change is unable to offer emergency support. However there are other places to turn to in an emergency.
In the first instance it is worth trying to get in contact with your GP. However, if this isn’t possible, the following are available 24 hours a day.
- Integrated Cornwall Community Mental Health Teams
Tel: 0845 207 7711 (9am to 5pm)
- Mental Health Matters – out of hours telephone support 5pm – 9am weekdays and 24hrs on weekends and bank holidays):
Tel: 0800 001 4330
- Nightlink (5pm to midnight)
Nightlink is Cornwall’s free-phone listening service for anyone 18 years or over, who is experiencing or has experienced emotional distress.
Ph: 0808 800 0306
Text Service: 07717 989021
- Adult Social Care
0300 123 4131
- Children Social Care
0300 123 1116
- The Samaritans
- ChildLine: a free helpline for children and young people in the UK.
0800 1111 http://www.childline.org.uk/
- SANEline: A national out-of-hours telephone helpline offering practical information, crisis care and emotional support to anybody affected by mental health problems.
0300 304 7000 http://www.sane.org.uk/
- Alcoholics Anonymous
0800 9177 650 http://www.alcoholics-anonymous.org.uk/
- Talk to Frank
Free confidential drugs information and advice 24 hours a day via email or telephone (calls from landlines are free and won’t show up on the phone bill).
0300 1236600 http://www.talktofrank.com/